If you and your child love Music Together®, consider joining The Children’s Chorus of San Antonio!
The Children’s Chorus of San Antonio (CCSA) provides rich learning and performance experiences in choral music for children and young adults in San Antonio ages 5-22. Established in 1983, CCSA currently serves over 450 engaged, talented and dedicated young artists.
CCSA believes in the artistic and personal potential of every child who desires to sing. Our singers are given the opportunity to develop necessary for success in music and success in life. Not only a place to learn and grow, singers form lasting friendships and memories that they can take with them throughout their lives. From infants to young adults, CCSA strives constantly to enrich and empower the next generation of well-rounded citizens.
CCSA singers have traveled across the country and around the globe, with performances at national music conventions, and touring in Europe and Canada. CCSA has established a reputation for quality music and meticulous preparation, and as a result, has performed in locations such as Carnegie Hall and Notre Dame Cathedral, and has been featured on NBC-TV’s Today Show and NPR’s Performance Today. CCSA also engages with other arts organizations through performances with the San Antonio Symphony, South Texas Jazz, and YOSA.
Children’s Chorus of San Antonio consists of three divisions:
- Core Ensembles provide a rigorous curriculum of performance-based instruction ranging from the basics of vocal technique, music literacy and history, and language through an extensive and diverse repertoire.
• Prelude Chorus: ages 5-7 (open to all singers within this age range)
• Junior Chorus: ages 8 and up, with a placement hearing required.
• Youth Academy Treble/Mixed: ages 12 and up, with a placement hearing required.
- Music Together® is an early childhood program that encourages natural enthusiasm for music and movement in infants, toddlers, and young children through informal and fun curriculum. Young children and their parents joyfully share songs, rhymes, movement, and instrument play, both in music class and in their daily lives. CCSA also reaches families at Haven for Hope with this program.
- Neighborhood Choirs are our tuition-free programs that engage underserved children in San Antonio, Edgewood, and Harlandale ISDs with inspiring musical experiences, who may not have access to our core ensembles. Students in these programs receive the same curriculum and instruction, and have the same performance experiences as singers in core ensembles.