Music Together® mixed-age Family Classes support the development of natural enthusiasm for music and rhythm through fun, informal classes with parents and children ages birth to 5 years old. The family-like setting of these classes enables siblings to attend together, creating an ideal learning environment where infants, toddlers, and preschoolers can freely participate at their own levels.
This is the essential Music Together class, one that a child can attend from birth to age 5 through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers—grouping children of a variety of ages to foster natural, family-style learning. Younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together. Each child participates at his or her own level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, watching or exploring musical instruments. Any caregivers—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the children. The whole family is welcome for this important family music experience.
Music Together Family Classes include…
- Ten weekly 45-minute classes (6 weeks in summer)
- Four semesters per year, including summer
- Two recordings on CD each semester with new songs, rhythm chants, and “play-a-longs”
- Illustrated songbook with family activities to enjoy at home
- A new song collection every semester
- A Parent DVD guide for new families: “Music Together at Home: Helping Your Child Grow Musically”
Check out the video below for more information on Music Together Family Classes!