What is Music Together?
- Music Together is about children and parents coming together in musically fun and innovative ways.
- A community of families participating together sharing song, instrument play, rhythm chants and movement activities in a relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented setting.
- Infants, toddlers and young children actively engaged at their own levels in family style classes of mixed ages.
- Younger children watch and imitate the older ones.
- Parents and caregivers participating in the enrichment of their children’s music environment – regardless of their own musical abilities.
What does that mean for me?
Music Together provides an opportunity for you to:
- Enjoy time with your child in an informal setting where we sing, dance, chant rhythmically and play instruments, all tailored specifically to the learning styles of young children.
- Strengthen the bond between you and your child as you share these great musical and community experiences.
- Come together with other families and children of similar ages.
- 45 minutes of pure fun with your child every week!
How can I recreate this experience on my own?
Part of the magic of Music Together is the nurturing and reinforcement of spontaneous music making within the family. Singing a round in the car, dancing while picking up toys – each is an opportunity to create a joyous experience. The songs and materials used each week are carefully selected to be accesible by all parents regardless of their ability and to be used at home, in the car or wherever you choose to enjoy! Each class includes:
- Two recordings on CD each semester with new songs, rhythm chants, and “play-a-longs”
Illustrated songbook with family activities to enjoy at home
Music and Your Child: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers – a booklet and guide for new Music Together families
Is it the same music each semester?
There are 9 semesters of music; every time you sign up you will receive a new songbook and CD set. Each semester is a different color and instrument name.
How long is each class?
Each class is 45 minutes in length; we start each week with the Hello Song and end with the play along, lullaby, and Good-bye Song. The fall, winter, and spring semesters are 9-10 weeks long with a 6 week summer semester.